Stamp Duty Calculator
Wondering how to calculate stamp duty charges? Get an accurate estimate of the stamp duty you need to pay on your home loan using our stamp duty calculator online.
A stamp duty is a tax fee levied by the state government when you buy a new property. It is a confirmation fee charged to verify you as the legal owner of the property by validating the property under your name and legalizing your property owner documents.
Stamp duty and registration charges differ from state to state; use the stamp duty calculator below to check the fee in three simple steps:
- Select the state
- Enter the agreement value of the property
- Calculate the stamp duty
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do you calculate stamp duty?
The stamp duty is generally 1-7% of the property’s market value based on the regional state the property is in. There are several factors that determine stamp duty:
- The market value of the property
- Type of property
- Location of the property You can use a stamp duty calculator online to have a better idea of the amount you will need to pay to better plan your housing finance.
What are the advantages of using a stamp duty calculator?
Stamp duty charges can be claimed as tax deductions under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. A stamp duty calculator is useful in determining the amount you can get through income tax returns.
What is the procedure to pay for stamp duty?
There are 3 major ways of paying stamp duty:
- Purchase of non-judicial stamp papers from an authorized vendor.
- E-stamping is done online through the SHCIL (Stock Holding Corporation of India Limited) and can be paid through debit cards, credit cards, cheques, demand drafts, and online banking.
- Franking is the process of getting documents stamped by a franking agent indicating that the stamp duty has been paid. Every state charges its own amount, which will be deducted at the time of the sale. By using a stamp duty calculator, you can easily find the payable amount and choose between the different payment options.